The Association states that it is focussed on strengthening the industry and individual companies through:
- consultation with government
- representation on Standards Australia committees
- collaboration on submissions and comments to regulators
- networking opportunities; and
- participation in initiatives at the forefront of the electronic industry, such as energy efficiency, product stewardship, standards and codes of conduct.
Further, CESA functions to provide a united voice for the consumer electronics supply industry, acting as a point of contact for Government and regulators.
The Association has worked closely with government on:
- energy efficiency
- product stewardship
- water labelling
- electrical safety
- electronic waste
- education and training
- codes of conduct; and
- performance issues.