Confoil offers a range of Dualpak freezable trays, that are suitable for a variety of end use applications, especially for the packaging of frozen foods that will be reheated using either a microwave or a conventional, gas or electric oven.
The Dualpak trays, manufactured in Melbourne, are made of PET coated virgin fibre paperboard and are superior to similar products made from CPET in a number of ways.
Benefits of using these packaging trays include:
- suitable for freezing to temperatures as low as -40 degrees Celsius;
- suitable for reheating up to 210 degrees Celsius using a conventional oven or microwave;
- retains more rigid shape after heating than CPET;
- minimal tray flex decreases risk of hot food spillage and burns;
- cooler to the touch coming out of the oven than CPET;
- faster freezing times, improve production line speeds and reduce costs;
- do not crack or splinter;
- environmentally friendly;
- manufactured from a renewable resource;
- the paper portion of the trays (95%) are 100% recyclable; and
- easily disposed through standard recycling procedures.
As a standard the packaging trays are available in a marble stone design. They are available in other colours and can be printed with registered or random designs. The Retro range even lists cooking and freezing instructions for products on the bottom of the trays.
To suit a variety of different packaging applications the Dualpak trays can be used with a variety of different coverings including snap on rigid plastic dome lids. Confoil recommends heat sealed Mylar film for frozen foods and can supply lid products and materials as well as the necessary sealing machines.
Examples of suitable uses for the Dualpak freezable packaging trays include:
- home meal replacement,
- fast foods,
- club stores,
- pizzas, and
- vending applications.