Based in Australia, Conductix-Wampfler supplies a range of products such as cable and hose reels and conductor bar systems. Their K-series radio remote controls are designed to be capable, reliable and upgradable.
The upgraded K-series radio remote control includes improved safety features such as
- Receivers with dual independent CPUs (microcontrollers), which monitor each other continuously and execute emergency stop, if one CPU fails.
- Receivers with dual series-connected main relays, each controlled separately by two different CPUs, which will execute emergency stop, if one main relay fails.
- Current sensing jammed relay detection on function relays.
- IP65 rated
The K-series radio remote controls are suitable for use throughout Australia as they are compliant with the requirements of each of the following:
- The Crane Code AS1418.1:2002 cranes, hoists and winches.
- The radio equipment code AS/NZS 4268:2003 radio equipment and systems – short range devices – limits and methods of measurement with respect to allowable transmitting frequency range based on combination of power output and spurious emissions.
- The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), including carrying the distinct supplier-specific C-Tick approval identification label.
- EN-ISO 13849-1 Category 4 Safety of Machinery: Safety-related parts of control systems
Conductix-Wampfler holds spare parts for their range of radio remote controls and has trained support staff in each of its office in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Sydney allowing for repair work to be turned around quickly.