Conductix-Wampfler is a supplier of power and data transfer equipment to the crane industry.
Products supplied include conductor bars, festoon systems, cable reels, slip ring assemblies, cable chain, radio controls, flexible cables, buffers and related accessories.
Conductix-Wampfler provides to crane manufacturers and users a complete range of power and data transfer products allowing the customer’s the benefits of relying on one supplier and also ensuring complete technical integration of all the Crane’s elements.
For example, conductor bar systems are often supplied with pre-assembled collectors, cables and junctions such that the electrical connection to the festoon or cable chain is completely integrated and, where preferred by customers, fully pre-assembled.
Cross travel festoons or cable chains can also be supplied with integrated radio control systems to provide a primary and secondary control system, again, fully co-designed and integrated.
Conductix-Wampfler’s focus on customers provides for close cooperation. This relationship coupled with the company’s international manufacturing and technical centres provides for the up to date products and unique technical developments. Examples include the constant refinement of such elements as hanger brackets and track joining methods to reduce installation times.
Reliability also benefits from this partnership and an example is the recent release of the new family of heavy duty festoons. The heavy duty I-beam trolleys have been designed for severe duty associated with high dynamic loads and high speed applications. Special design considerations have been given to critical areas to ensure maximum operational life and performance.
- Hot dipped galvanising and stainless steel fasteners are standard for maximum corrosion protection
- Rollers supplied with precision 2RS1 double sealed SKF type ball bearings. Permanently lubricated for maximum service life without contamination
- Heavy duty shock absorbers for maximum energy absorption along the axis of travel
Conductix-Wampfler is a technically capable company with engineering competence located throughout its many operations around the world. This capability provides numerous unique technical solutions for crane builders and users.
Some examples include the following:
- A uniquely enclosed hanger arrangement to prevent electrical shorting in a highly corrosive environment at BHP Billiton’s Olympic Dam mine site
- A festoon trolley designed with a 360 degree cable saddle was needed for a boom stacker where the trolley system was required to operate while the boom was inclined
- A cable reel modified to be attached to mobile electric generator incorporating an integrated cable handling system and radio remote control system to provide the necessary machine mobility while protecting the cable from the intense activity of the open pit mine
Recent successes by Conductix-Wampfler include heavy duty festoon systems in 316 SS for the NCIG reclaimer and shiploader being manufactured by Sandvik in Australia, Conductor Bar upgrades for the Boyne Smelters in Queensland Australia and high quality cable reeler trailing cables for FMG and ThyssenKrupp.