Comtest Laboratories have been testing the efficiency (MEPS testing) of lap-top, notebook, desk-top and integrated computers for sometime. To augment this efficiency testing, they have purchased the extra equipment required to perform the efficiency testing of computer monitors. This equipment includes luminance meters to set the monitor levels correctly.
While Comtest Laboratories is NATA accredited to AS/NZS 4665 and AS/NZS 62301 they are recognised for traceable MEPS testing of IT products.
Comtest Energy Performance Testing - Australia & New Zealand:
- AS/NZS 4665 Performance of external power supplies - Energy Performance mark
- AS/NZS 62301 Household electrical appliances - Measurement of standby power
- AS/NZS 62087.2.2(Int) Power consumption of audio, video and related equipment - Minimum energy performance standards (MEPS) and energy rating label requirements for television sets
- AS/NZS 62087.1(Int) Power consumption of audio, video and related equipment - Methods of measurement
- AS/NZS 62087.2.1 Power consumption of audio, video and related equipment - Minimum energy performance standards (MEPS) requirements for digital television set-top boxes
Energy Rating Requirements:
- Energy Star for Computers V4.0
- Energy Star for Computers V5.0
- Energy Star for Computer Monitors V4.0
- Energy Star for Displays V5.0