Recognising the need of their clients to enter Australian and overseas markets, Comtest Laboratories has extended their range of NATA accreditation services for IEC 61010 standards.
The IEC 61010 standards cover safety requirements governing electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use including laboratory testing equipment.
Comtest Laboratories offers compliance testing and certification services for diverse industrial segments.
Standards for electrical test and measurement equipment
- Equipment that tests, measures, indicates or records one or more electrical or non-electrical quantities
- Non-measuring equipment such as signal generators, measurement standards, power supplies, transducers and transmitters
- All indicating and recording electrical measuring instruments falling within the scope of IEC 61010 unless they are panel meters designed only for integrating into other equipment
- Built-in panel meters are considered to be components and only need to meet the relevant requirements of IEC 61010 as part of the equipment into which they are built
Standards for electrical control equipment
- Equipment that controls one or more output quantities to specific values
- Each value is determined by manual setting, by local or remote programming, or by one or more input variables
Standards for electrical laboratory equipment
- Equipment that measures, indicates, monitors or analyses substances
- Equipment used to prepare materials, including in vitro diagnostic (IVD) equipment
- Equipment that may also be used in areas other than laboratories
- Accessories intended for use with above equipment
Comtest Laboratories is NATA accredited for the following standards:
- IEC/EN/AS 61010-1
- IEC 61010-2-010
- IEC 61010-2-051
- IEC 61010-2-081
- IEC 61010-2-101