EXAIR’s new PVDF Super Air Knife from Compressed Air Australia provides a laminar curtain of air that can be used to blowoff, clean, and dry in highly corrosive environments not suitable for stainless steel. The PVDF Super Air Knife is ideal for use in the manufacturing of solar cells, lithium ion batteries, semiconductors, medical devices and processes that include electroplating, transfer of acids, caustic chemicals, brine, and solvent recovery.
The durable construction of the PVDF super air knife consists of PVDF (Polyvinylidene Fluoride), Hastelloy C-276 alloy screws, and a PTFE shim to adjust the force and flow of the airstream. These components offer superior strength and resistance to UV light, inorganic chemicals, solvents, ozone, weather, fungi, chlorinated hydrocarbons, highly corrosive acids, weak bases and salts.
Features of the air knife systems include:
- Air knife systems can withstand temperatures up to 135°C and has no moving parts to wear out
- Air consumption is 1/3 that of typical blowoffs
- The noise level on the air knife systems is extremely quiet at 69 dBA
- Compressed air inlets are located on each end and the bottom for easy connection to the plant compressed air system
- The PVDF super air knife systems can be mounted end-to-end without dead spots and is perfect for mounting in tight places
- There are many stock lengths from 3″ (76mm) to 54″ (1372mm)