MELBOURNE Safety Walkways (MSW), a progressive height safety construction company, is using a new generation walkway material.
They are exclusively using FRP (fibreglass reinforced polyester) walkways supplied by the Grating Company - setting new standards in the height safety industry.
According to Bill Feltham, Managing Director of MSW, there are a number of different materials that can be used in the height safety industry for roof walkways.
MSW now predominately uses FRP grating walkways for the following reasons:
* The panels are light and easy to get onto site.
* They can be installed directly with no membrane protection required.
* They are manufactured in safety yellow and are UV stabilised.
* They are non-slip, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
* They fully comply with all regulation and Australian Standard 1657-1992.
* They look good on the roof.
“The Grating Company puts an enormous emphasis on customer service, which makes our installation process pain free, as we know that we will get great back up,” said Bill Feltham.
“The Grating Companies’ two owners, David and Lee have bent over backwards in working with MSW in supplying an alternative high quality product to this industry and therefore our clients.
“Their business ethics and knowledge of our industry and the ongoing desire to help provide the very best product and service can't be understated."
MSW believes that FRP walkways will very quickly become the most widely used height safety product for roof safety access.