THE Grating Company’s FRP (fibreglass reinforced polyester) grating is non-slip, non-conductive and corrosion resistant over a wide pH range.
Moulded grating is manufactured from continuous glass fibre reinforcements in combinaton with premium grade polyester or vinylester resins to provide an effective alternative to traditional steel based products for many applications.
Melbourne Safety Walkways (MSW) recently exclusively used FRP grating in a height safety roof walkway access.
MSW now predominately uses FRP grating walkways because:
1) The panels are light and are easy to move onto a site.
2) They can be installed directly with no membrane protection required.
3) They are manufactured in safety yellow and are UV stabilised.
4) They are non-slip, non-conductive and non-corrosive.
5) They fully comply with all regulation and Australian Standard 1657-1992.
6) They look good on the roof.
MSW believes that FRP walkways will very quickly become the most widely used height safety product for roof safety access.
MSW highly recommends the product and the Grating Company to any prospective organisation.
FRP grating is also being installed as a tourist walkway access at Uluru in the Northern Territory. This demonstrates the many varied applications the product can be used for and the product’s ability to withstand extreme weather conditions from 45°C heat to cold, wet and slippery conditions on the roof of a Melbourne factory.