Compliance with the Australian EMC regulations are mandatory and apply to almost all electronic products supplied to the Australian market. Application of the C-Tick mark signifies compliance with appropriate Australian EMC standard. Requirements are limited to measurements of RF emissions travelling along the AC power lines and measurements of RF emissions emanating directly from the device itself.
The commonly used Australian EMC standards are:
- AS/NZS CISPR 11 ISM equipment
- AS/NZS CISPR 12 Spark ignition engines
- AS/NZS CISPR 13 Audio visual and broadcast equipment
- AS/NZS CISPR 14 Appliances and power tools
- AS/NZS CISPR 15 Lighting equipment
- AS/NZS CISPR 22</B< li> Information technology equipment
- AS/NZS 4251.1 Generic (Residential and Commercial)
- AS/NZS 4251.2 Generic (Industrial)
Compliance Engineering provides EMC compliance testing services to meet C-Tick requirements. Compliance Engineering also offers a preliminary measurements service, where investigations and modifications can be trialed. Experienced staffs are on hand to assist with investigations and a wide range of suppression components are available for use.
Radiation hazard measurement
Compliance Engineering can provide a survey in and around potential electromagnetic radiation sources. A formal test report is provided detailing exclusion zones (as applicable) and recommendations regarding restricting access and or shielding.
- ELF surveys - 50Hz electric and magnetic measurements (OH&S)
- EMR site surveys - Ambient RF measurements - Microwave oven leakage, Mobile tower surveys, HV power lines and electrical installations
RF field calculations
The principles of antenna theory and electromagnetic propagation are well known and in many situations the electromagnetic field levels around an antenna can be accurately defined without the need to perform measurements (provided detailed information is available).
EMC measurements can be performed on vehicle components in accordance with a vast range of international and vehicle manufacturer specific EMC standards. RF emission measurements are performed inside a CISPR 25 compliant fully anechoic shielded enclosure.
- Ford: ES-XW7T-1A278-AC
- General Motors: GMW3097/3100
- Toyota: TSC series
- Mitsubishi: ES-X82010
- Renault: 6-00-80X
- Rover: RES 62.21.62X
- Kenwood, Fiat, Chrysler, Volkswagen, Porsche, Iveco, Peugeot, Subaru, Volkswagen and many others
- SAE J1113 Series
- 95/54/EC, 2004/104/EC & 2006/28/EC
- JASO D 001-94
- ISO 11452-2/3/4/5/6 & ISO 7637-1/2/3
- CISPR 12, CISPR 13 & CISPR 25
- FCAI - Voluntary code of practice for EMC of motor vehicles
- Vehicle immobilisers: AS/NZS 4601
- Vehicle alarm systems: AS/NZS 3749.1
Compliance Engineering’s inventory contains a comprehensive range of EMC test equipment, including specialised transient generators to meet the requirements of ISO 7637-2/3, ES-XW7T-1A278-AC, JASO D 001-94, ES-X82010/X46238.