CompAir Australasia Ltd has expanded the Quantima range of innovative oil free centrifugal compressors with the introduction of the Q-70L model suitable for low pressure applications.
Featuring a minimum working pressure of just 3 bar(g), the Quantima Q70-L oil free centrifugal compressors are ideal for applications requiring lower pressure oil free compressed air.
The lower pressure Quantima Q70-L model includes the innovative and patented Q-drive compression and motor assembly.
A major breakthrough in oil free compressor technology, the new CompAir Quantima Q-70L oil free centrifugal compressors eliminate risk of oil contamination making the range suitable for applications in the food and beverage, pharmaceutical, healthcare, glass and chemical industries.
Key features of Quantima Q-70L oil free centrifugal compressors:
- Motor and direct drive compression assembly uses magnetic bearings to provide stable control of rotor shaft
- Shaft is supported in a magnetic field, spinning at up to 60,000 rpm
- No contact and no wear for long life and reliable operation with only one moving part
- Patented Q-drive motor incorporates an asynchronous induction design, eliminating conventional gearboxes or need for oil in the compressor
- No performance degradation over the compressor’s lifetime
- Variable speed technology matches output to exact requirements minimising off-load running
- Lowest off-load power consumption can be achieved at just 2.5% of full load power
- Achieves energy savings of up to 25% and more
- Small physical footprint at a fraction of the weight and size of equivalent compressors
- Quiet operation with noise levels as low as 69 dB(A) makes it ideal for point of use applications
- Motor rating of 300 kW