The world-leading supplier of machine vision systems, Cognex Corporation introduces its next-generation DataMan handheld industrial ID scanners in a new wireless version.
Designed for the factory floor, the DataMan 8000 series of wireless industrial ID barcode readers features a new wireless communication module and base station with
Cognex Connect capabilities for extended range cord-free code reading applications.
Cognex Connect provides high flexibility for communicating via industrial protocols such as EtherNet/IP, PROFINET and MC Protocol in addition to traditional support for USB and RS-232.
With the introduction of the wireless version, the DataMan 8000 series is one of the few industrial handheld ID readers to support industrial protocols for both corded and cordless models, allowing for easy integration, reduced installation costs and remote access to diagnostics.
The unique modular design of all DataMan 8000 series models allows any reader to change from corded RS-232/USB communication to Industrial Ethernet or wireless with field exchangeable interface modules. The communication modules offer security for customer investment as well as flexibility enabling users to modify their deployment and communication methods to meet future requirements.
The advance patented code reading technologies provide highly advanced decoding for reading virtually every type of code every time with unsurpassed read rates, regardless of size, quality, printing method or surface.
Key features of DataMan 8000 series wireless industrial ID barcode readers:
- New wireless reader provides a long working range up to 100m
- Large memory capacity for reading codes when offline or out of range
- Base station comes standard with a built-in spare battery charger
- Base station is equipped with separate communication ports for USB, RS-232 and Ethernet options
- Advanced code reading technology uses two powerful algorithms, 1DMax and 2DMax
- Liquid lens variable focus technology allows users to read small 2-D direct part marks (DPM) as well as long linear 1-D barcodes with a single reader
- Available in two base models, DataMan 8500 and DataMan 8100
The DataMan 8500 wireless industrial ID barcode readers incorporate patented UltraLight technology from Cognex for superior image formation on any mark type and surface.
UltraLight illumination provides dark field, bright field and diffuse lighting in one electronically controlled light.
The DataMan 8100 wireless barcode readers include all the features of DataMan 8500 readers in addition to bright field illumination. The DataMan 8100 readers are ideal for applications that require superior code reading performance without speciality lighting.