Coates Hire sought a low-height machine that offered an affordable access solution without the cumbersome size of a scissor lift or the safety hazards of traditional ladders.
Coates Hire National Product Manager, Rob Rossit points to the increasing customer demand for portable, powered low height access equipment as construction and building companies move away from using ladders on-site, instead seeking alternatives that offer greater safety and minimise the risk of accident.
The LiftPod is a range of powered aerial work platforms that allows work at heights of up to 4.5m, while ensuring safety and ease of use.
Key features of LiftPod FS80 portable aerial work platforms:
- Relatively small footprint for increased portability and light weight
- Can be transported easily by one person on the back of a standard utility vehicle
- High-strength steel base with a lightweight aluminium mast and platform
- Entrance gate and railing system allow the user to safely work with both hands for greater productivity
- Large work tray attaches to the basket and keeps tools and materials conveniently within reach of the user
- Operated using a 28V power pack or an 18V cordless drill
Mr Jason Watson, Project Manager, LiftPod says that the FS80 LiftPod was designed with the user in mind to provide greater freedom and safety.