The CB22 from Coates Hire is a versatile range of utility rollers by Caterpillar.
CB22 vibratory rollers are suitable for small sized jobs or projects but can also function as an ideal support roller for high-production rollers on large project sites.
Equipped with a 1m wide drum and high amplitude, which allows it to achieve a tons-per-day production rate, the CB22 utility rollers are ideal for shoulders, small parking lots, lane additions or other similar sized jobs.
According to John Annison, National Production Manager - Earthmoving, Compaction and Machine Control, the right balance of weight and power is a key reason behind the CB22’s popularity. He explains that the dimensions of the utility compactors provide excellent manoeuvrability for working in tight areas while the drum width and high static force perform well on larger job sites.
Varying job conditions and surfaces are also taken into account within the CB22’s stand vibratory system. The large water capacity extends operating intervals while service and reliability features haven’t come at the expense of operational comfort and ergonomics.
Key features of CAT CB22 utility rollers:
- Dual frequency vibratory system provides a good balance between frequency and amplitude
- Two frequencies of 63Hz and 55Hz provide increased application versatility
- Corrosion-proof system and extended-life components provide reliable operation
- Large 150L high-capacity polyethylene water tank enclosed within the machine frame provides extended operation
- Additional tank with a 90L capacity provides total water capacity of 240L
- Newly designed drain allows the entire system to be quickly drained
- Operator’s station incorporates a fully-equipped console and adjustable sliding suspension seat
- Arm and wrist rests provide better operator comfort for day-long productivity
- Steering wheel includes a steering knob for easy manoeuvrability in turns
- 12-volt outlet for plugging in personal electronic devices also included
- User-friendly instrument panel integrates a fuel level indicator, hour meter and light indicators for machine functions
- Key switch includes an automatic engine pre-heat feature to assist in cold-weather starting