An ideal replacement for concrete barriers, BarrierGuard 800 steel barriers provide a more energy-efficient way to keep work zones safe.
With the Carbon Tax taking effect, every business and government agency must find ways of reducing their carbon footprint. The road segment, for instance can reduce the use of energy-intensive products such as concrete barriers by replacing them with the BarrierGuard. Concrete barriers have a short lifespan, and are highly labour- and energy-intensive to move between locations.
How BarrierGuard 800 steel barriers reduce carbon footprint:
- Lesser number of trucks (typically 1/6th) required for transport compared to concrete
- Less on-site vehicles and time (typically half) for installation or removal
- Fast deployment (typically half the time required for concrete) means reduced road congestion
- Highly recyclable in comparison to concrete (50 times less volume over 25-year lifespan)
- Durable and long lasting (five times the lifespan of concrete)