Tests show that Clean Oil Services Pty Ltd standard Lubemaster OS600 Oil Filtration Unit is fast becoming established as an invaluable Lubrication Management tool with many units being sold both locally and overseas with larger clients returning to buy more units once they have become familiar with the machines and completed their cost & performance justifications.
Recently Clean Oil Services experienced success in the power transformer oil cleaning market when a client ran trials with its standard Lubemaster OS600 Oil Filtration unit and obtained independent laboratory analysis of the test results.
Approximately 200Lt of waste Shell Diala M transformer oil was decanted into the Lubemaster tank and filtered for approx. 8 hours with a sample being collected before and after filtering.
The results say it all:
- water Saturation was 68% - reduced to 20%
- dielectric Strength increased from 5kv to 60kv; and
- particle Contamination reduced by over 45%.
The result was a complete renewal of a product which was going to be discarded:
- Dielectric Strength rose to 75 kv
- TAN decreased to 0.01 mgKOH/gm
- particles reduced substantially with all particles below 1um
- water reduced to below 12ppm; and
- colour returned to a light, completely transparent amber.
Lubemaster offers a viable alternative to cleaning and de-gassing transformer oil at a fraction of the cost of the traditional bulky units we have become familiar with.