Wavenis from Clarke & Severn Electronics offers an optimised ultra low power and long-range wireless solution for M2M applications.
The wireless machine-to-machine world is evolving rapidly with a growing number of devices connected to each other in various types of industrial and domestic networks.
Many technologies today focus on providing high speed connections for multimedia, information and entertainment applications. However, at the opposite end of the spectrum, there is a growing need for new breeds of smart devices based on wireless sensors that have a very different set of core requirements:
- Multiple year battery life
- Connections up to hundreds of meters
- Deployment in hard-to-reach locations
- 2-way communication for low data traffic
Wavenis wireless technology is designed to offer an optimal combination of these key features, providing unprecedented convenience and connectivity for consumers, service operators and integrators.
Wavenis wireless technology was created in 2000 by wireless experts to meet the needs of the utility metering industry as well as to provide a wireless standard for other sensor related sectors with similar cost-performance constraints.
These sectors include home automation, security, social alarms, smart cities, healthcare, centralised building management, access control, cold-chain monitoring plus long-range UHF RFID applications for identifying, tracking and locating people or objects.
Using scalable wireless mesh networking, Wavenis-enabled wireless products support mesh network configurations scalable up to any size. Data exchange can be partially or entirely automated, depending on the application.
Wavenis wireless technology provides various advantages required by today’s most demanding networked devices including:
- Ultra low power consumption
- Long wireless range capability
- Robustness against physical and electrical interference
- Openness to WAN and complementary wireless technologies
- Developer APIs and product development toolkit
Key Wavenis features include:
- Operation in licence-free ISM 433 MHz 868 MHz, 916 MHz frequency bands
- ETS300-220/ FCC15.247 compliant
- Fast FHSS, data interleaving, FEC
- Resistant to physical barriers and electrical interference
- Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and repeater modes
- Tree, star and mesh network topologies
- Self-configuration and dynamic routing algorithm optimised for ULP networks
- Scalable wireless mesh network topologies
- Relaxed synchronisation schemes
- Designed for reliability, power savings and network coexistence