CHIPCON, represented by Clarke & Severn , has released the CC1050, a true single-chip UHF transmitter designed for very low power and very low voltage wireless applications.
The circuit is mainly intended for the ISM (industrial, scientific and medical) and SRD (short range device) frequency bands at 315, 433, 868 and 915MHz, but can easily be programmed for operation at other frequencies in the 300-1000MHz range.
The main operating parameters of CC1050 can be programmed via an easy-to-interface serial bus, thus making CC1050 a very flexible and easy to use transmitter.
In a typical system CC1050 will be used together with a microcontroller and a few external passive components.
CC1050 is based on Chipcon's SmartRF technology in 0.35æm CMOS.
* True single chip UHF RF transmitter with very low current consumption.
* Frequency range 300-1000MHz, and programmable output power -20 to 12dBm.
* Small size (TSSOP-24 package); low supply voltage (2.1V to 3.6V).
* Very few external components required; single-ended antenna connection.
* FSK data rate up to 76.8 kBaud; complies with EN 300 220 and FCC CFR47 part 15; FSK modulation spectrum shaping.
* Programmable frequency in 250Hz steps makes crystal temperature drift compensation possible without TCXO.
* Suitable for frequency hopping protocols.
* Development kit available; easy-to-use software for generating the CC1050 configuration data.
Applications include very low power UHF wireless data transmitters; 315/433/868 and 915MHz ISM/SRD band systems; remote keyless entry; home automation; wireless alarm and security systems; automatic meter reading; low power telemetry; and toys.