CHIPCON, represented by Clarke & Severn , has released the CC1010, a true single-chip UHF transceiver with an integrated high performance 8051 microcontroller with 32kB of Flash program memory.
The RF transceiver can be programmed for operation in the 300-1000MHz range, and is designed for very low power wireless applications.
The CC1010, together with a few external passive components, constitutes a powerful embedded system with wireless communication capabilities.
CC1010 is based on Chipcon's SmartRF 02 technology in 0.35æm CMOS.
Key features include:
* 300-1000MHz RF transceiver; very low current consumption (9.1mA in RX); high sensitivity (typically -107dBm).
* Programmable output power up to +10dBm; data rate up to 76.8 kbit/s; very few external components.
* Fast PLL settling allowing frequency hopping protocols; EN 300 220 and FCC CFR47 part 15 compliant.
* 8051-compatible microcontroller; typically 2.5 times the performance of a standard 8051.
* 32kB Flash, 2048 + 128 byte SRAM; 3 channel 10 bit ADC; 4 timers/2 PWMs; 2 UARTs, RTC, Watchdog, SPI, DES encryption, 26 general I/O pins.
* In-circuit interactive debugging is supported for the Keil æVision2 IDE through a simple serial interface.
* 2.7 - 3.6V supply voltage; 64-lead TQFP.
Applications include very low power UHF wireless data transmitters and receivers; 315/433/868 and 915MHz ISM/SRD band systems; home automation and security; AMR - automatic meter reading; RKE - remote keyless entry with acknowledgement; low power telemetry; and toys.