Connector specialist from Mühldorf, Germany, ODU introduces a new range of extremely short connectors within the standard push-pull series, ODU MINI-SNAP.
The new ‘Super Shorty’ connectors by ODU, available in Australia from Clarke & Severn Electronics are up to 20% shorter than standard connectors and also lighter as well as rugged.
The ‘Super Shorty’ connectors are currently available in size 0 (with an outside diameter of 9.4mm) and size 1 (with an outside diameter of 12mm).
The new range of small connectors is available in two versions: Series B (coding with pin and groove) and Series F (coding with half-shells). Connectors are also available with push-pull locking or in a breakaway form.
Key features of ODU ‘Super Shorty’ connectors:
- Contact arrangements with up to 14 positions are available as standard
- Black and matt chrome surface makes the connectors ideal for military use
- Completely plug compatible with standard receptacles from the ODU MINI-SNAP series
- Eliminates the need to exchange receptacles that have already been installed
- Can easily be used when inserted
- Standard protection is IP68 with respect to the terminal device’s tightness
- 360º EMC protection is available on request