The ODU MINI SNAP PC circular connector series with push-pull plastic locking is available from Clarke & Severn Electronics . The outer design has been adapted to other ODU push-pull series. The inner design has been simplified so much that assembling the mini-snap connector is considerably easier. This also leads to lower costs for packaging. The stamped contacts available for the 0.7mm contact size also contribute to reduced packaging costs.
Following are the features of ODU MINI SNAP PC circular connector series:
- Various models of plastic connector pieces, receptacles and cable parts (IP 50/IP 50 + EMC protection/IP 67/ IP 67 + EMC protection) >5000 mating cycles
- Housing in the colours grey, black and white 3 sizes, outer diameters from 12.5mm to 19 mm, 2 to 27 contact positions
- Stamped and turned contacts available
- Contacts for solder, crimp and print termination
- Automatic packaging possible for the stamped contacts
- Easy contact assembly using clip techniques
- Housing with 100 % protection against accidental contact in inserted state
- Low insertion and withdrawal forces
- High chemical resistance
- Light weight
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +120°C (-40°F to 250°F)
- Up to 22A single contact load
The new ODU MINI-SNAP PC is plug compatible with the previous version and so can be used in existing applications without problems.