A number of services are becoming available with the efficient use of cable spectrum. The use of compact Edge QAM systems facilitates the system rollouts of video on demand, higher throughput DOCSIS data, or switched digital video channels.
TriAccess Technologies have developed a product line of RFIC products designed to meet the RF requirements of DOCSIS based Edge QAM systems. TriAccess Technologies’ RFIC products, available from Clarke & Severn Electronics , reduce power consumption and save space. The TAT7466, TAT7464, TAT7472, TAT7467 RFIC products provide a set of options for low power consumption EdgeQAM. The energy savings thermally enable closer component spacing and smaller heat-sink areas for an overall reduced footprint.
TAT7466, TAT7464, TAT7472 and TAT7467 RFIC products have the following features and benefits:
- Optimised for low power dissipation
- Adjustable bias
- Enables optimisation of Pout versus Pbias
- Integrated linearisation
- Edge QAM amplifier family
RFIC products have the following specifications:
- TAT7464: 50 to 2600MHz frequency, 5V, 160mA power, 13dB gain, CSO: -83 dBc
- CTB: -77 dBc (33 dBmV/Ch, 80 ch) distortions, 4.4 dB noise figure and a return loss of input: -18 and output: -15
- TAT7466: 50 to1000MHz frequency, 6V, 190mA power, 14 dB gain, CSO: -8O dBc
CTB: -67 (39 dBmV/Ch, 80 ch) distortion, 4.5 dB noise figure, and a return loss of input: -16 and output: -20
- TAT7467B: 50 to 1000MHz frequency, 5V, 220-275mA power, 17 dB gain, DOCSIS RF Interface Compliant distortion, 4.7 dB noise figure and a return loss of input: -18 and output: -23
- TAT7467D: 50 to1000MHz frequency, 5V power, 14 dB gain, DOCSIS RF Interface Compliant distortion
- TAT7468: 50 to1000MHz frequency, 5V, 150-200mA power, 16dB gain, IP2: 68 dBm, IP3: 35 dBm (2dBm/tone) distortions, 3.7 dB noise figure and a return loss of input: -18 and output -15
- TAT7469: 50 to1000MHz frequency, 5V, 220-275mA power, 17.5dB gain, IP2:68 dBm, IP3: 38 dBm (7dBm/tone) distortions, 3.2 dB noise figure and a return loss of input: -18 and output -23
For medium output low distortion applications, the TAT7464 (5V, 50 to 2600 MHz) and the TAT7466 (5V and 6V, 50 to 1000MHz), reduce power consumption by up to 50% in three stage Edge QAM applications. Using the core technology of the TriAccess Technologies, single ended, push pull amplifiers (TAT7461 and TAT7460) are suitable for Edge QAM initial stage as well as other medium output applications.
The TAT7467 Edge QAM-optimised output amplifier/RFIC saves 40% on power consumption through the use of on-chip linearisation, externally adjustable bias and DOCSIS-specific design optimisation.
The TAT7468 and TAT7469 amplifiers provide suitable input stage performance saving 30% to 50% over current input stage solutions. The gain levels of these devices enable a two stage approach to the amplifier chain, saving space and power consumption.