ODU, the connector specialist from Germany as an alternative to Lemo, have developed a new 3-position hi-voltage circular plastic connector insert for the ODU MEDI-SNAP product series of cylindrical connectors with a plastic push-pull lock. The new 3-position hi-voltage circular plastic connector insert for the ODU MEDI-SNAP, available from Clarke & Severn Electronics , supplies Hi-Voltage devices with 230V~ line voltage. The demand for hi-voltage line connectors with secure locking is growing, particularly in the medical technology segment.
Following are the circular plastic high voltage connector's important characteristics:
- 10A nominal current load with two contacts loaded, 9A with three contacts loaded
- Socket insert in connector piece/male insert in receptacle to provide protection against accidental contact
- Hi-voltage 230V dielectric strength in accordance with EN 606646,750V DC test voltage in accordance with SAE AS 13441
- Protruding protective conductor contact
- 0.9mm contact diameter with soldered connection for maximum AWG 18 or 1mm²
The Medi-Snap hi-voltage connector is not to be inserted when live or under load.