ODU, the connector specialist from Mühldorf, Germany as an alternative to Lemo, have developed a new 3-position Hi-Voltage insert for the ODU MEDI-SNAP product series of cylindrical connectors with a plastic push-pull lock.
This new model, available from Clarke & Severn Electronics , supplies Hi-Voltage devices with 230V~ line voltage. The demand for Hi-Voltage line connectors with secure locking is growing, particularly in the medical technology segment.
Following are the characteristics of the new connector:
- 10A nominal current load with two contacts loaded
- 9A with three contacts loaded
- Socket insert in connector piece/male insert in receptacle to provide protection against accidental contact
- Hi-Voltage 230V dielectric strength in accordance with EN 60664
- 6,750 VDC test voltage in accordance with SAE AS 13441
- Protruding protective conductor contact
- 0.9mm contact diameter with soldered connection for maximum AWG 18 or 1mm²
- The Hi-Voltage connector not to be inserted when live or under load