Clarke & Severn Electronics presents the LDA series of Lab Brick digital attenuators, a range of 50 Ohm RF step attenuators with calibrated operation up to 6 GHz.
LDA series Lab Brick digital attenuators connect to a USB port for control and power, requiring no additional DC supply voltage. The digital attenuators are easily programmable for fixed attenuation or swept attenuation ramps directly from the integrated GUI.
Lab Brick digital attenuator API DLL and LabVIEW compatible drivers are also available for custom programming applications.
LDA series Lab Brick digital attenuators typically find application in automated test equipment (ATE) systems, and are ideal for engineering and production test laboratories. They can also be used in the development of low-cost fading simulators for Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) and Single Input Multiple Output (SIMO) communication systems such as WiMAX, 3G and LTE.
Based on GaAs monolithic-microwave-integrated-circuit (MMIC) attenuator technology, the digital attenuators offer excellent repeatability of attenuation values.
Key features of LDA series Lab Brick digital attenuators:
- USB powered and controlled with easy-to-install GUI
- USB flash drive contains GUI software and digital programming guide along with a 6’ USB cable
- GUI is compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Programmable attenuation ramp
- Operates multiple devices directly from a PC or self-powered USB hub
- Easily programmable for ATE applications
- Housed in rugged aluminium enclosures measuring 98mm x 54mm x 34mm and weighing just 0.23kg
- ROHS compliant device