Clarke & Severn Electronics introduces a new range of connector systems from Harwin.
Harwin's HotShoe connectors are a range of rugged, fast-mating and simple-to-use connectors designed for docking and charging. Available in 8, 12 and 16 positions, and rated to 1A per contact making, Harwin IP68 rated HotShoe connectors are ideal for applications requiring a high number of mating cycles. HotShoe connectors are very robust, ensuring continued reliability in combat arenas or less harsh environments.
Harwin’s new connectors are used in medical and military applications, and are also suitable for use in portable equipment where separate battery modules are used in addition to data transfer docking stations, battery charging and data communications equipment. Other applications include thermal imaging cameras, in-vehicle detachable equipment, and handheld scanners.
Key features of Harwin HotShoe connectors:
- Fabricated using highly durable moulded plastics
- Designed to be mounted behind panels
- Offers solder cup for 26 AWG cable or PC Tail contacts
- Enables rapid and simple connection, ideal for field mating
- Tolerates mating misalignment
- Resists dust, water, and chemical ingress to IP68 at 1.5m depth for 2 hours both mated and unmated
- Durable spring loaded contacts capable of 10,000 cycles