Clarke and Severn Electronics are now supplying a range of rugged, lightweight Advanced Military Connectors (AMC) from German connector specialist ODU. The connectors are stable and work even when subjected to the most difficult conditions.
The military connectors have been engineered to offer effective connector solutions for soldier modernization programs and military technology. In these and other fields it is essential that connectors are able to supply continuous, reliable power transmission and EMC protection as well as compact and lightweight.
ODU created its range of Advanced Military Connectors in answer to the challenge involved in producing connectors with these and other required properties and capabilities. The AMC connectors are economical, light, strong and compact.
The military connectors have been designed, with blind mating and a variety of options, to be very easy and intuitive to use. The AMC’s have superior 360° shielding properties and offer IP 68 / IP 69 K classed watertight protection.
ODU’s range of Advanced Military Connectors have been awarded MIL tested certification. They have a mating life in excess of 5,000 cycles and a wide operating temperature range of -55° C to 125° C.
The AMCs are highly versatile, with options such as:
- variety of designs with break-away or push-pull locking functions,
- range of colouring and mechanical coding possibilities,
- insertion under load option available,
- pressure contacts version available for ease of cleaning,
- available with a range of possible individual inserts for each connector, including signal and high current transmission, fiber optic, coax/triax, fluid, and compressed air.