This follows the release of the Cigweld Professional Ultra-Seal vacuum packs for Alloycraft and Ferrocraft very low hydrogen (H4 status) welding electrodes in mid-2010 that was well received by the market.
A common complaint in modern workplaces is that the pre-conditioning process required for rebaking electrodes can be both time consuming and costly.
Cigweld Professional Ultra-Seal vacuum packs keep the electrodes in perfect ‘factory fresh’ and ‘moisture-free’ condition for an indefinite period provided the vacuum seal remains intact and undamaged.
The electrodes are hermetically packaged and sealed, which ensures they can be used in critical welding applications without the need for pre-conditioning, an enormous benefit to the end-user in terms of savings in both handling and reconditioning costs.
Cigweld’s Professional Ferrocraft and Alloycraft low hydrogen electrodes, and Satincrome and Weldall stainless steel welding electrodes are now available in the Ultra-Seal vacuum packaging.
Key features of Cigweld vacuum packaging:
- 2.5kg aluminised foil vacuum packs with new Ultra-Seal branding
- Direct replacement for 3kg steel cans with no change to flux formulations
- Moisture-free with indefinite shelf life while vacuum seal remains intact and undamaged
- Hermetic packaging directly after baking ensures the end user does not need to precondition electrodes
- Substantial savings in handling/baking costs and time
- Ultra-seal packs have far better transportability compared to steel cans