Chain & Drives Australia supplies GS Grid Couplings to the market. The GS Grid Couplings are general purpose, lubricated grid coupling designs that combine economy and high torque capacity for a gear coupling, and torsional flexibility of an elastomer coupling.
The GS Grid Couplings, by Chain & Drives Australia, are known for reducing vibration, absorbing shock and compensating for misalignment. The flexible nature of the spring-like grid absorbs impact energy by spreading it out over time, which provides the user protection and ongoing performance.
The GS Grid Couplings are fully interchangeable between manufacturers, it is simple to install, maintain and reduces downtime.
Features of the GS Grid Coupling from Chain & Drives Australia:
- 100% transmission of power at low noise emission.
- Quick installation and easy maintenance.
- Two slotted hubs with steel grid running between to transmit torque.
- Available in horizontal and vertical styles.
- Can accommodate 1/3º misalignment and transmit very high torque requirements.
- The grid breaks to prevent damage to high capital cost connect equipment.
- Service life of connected equipment, such as bearings and seals, are extended from the Grid Coupling’s smooth high torque capabilities.
- When parallel misalignment is too severe, the relating machine is protected by the sharing Grid or Tooth.