Chain & Drives Australia has announced the arrival of the GB Series industrial o-ring chain now available from stock. Traditionally used in the motorcycle chain applications, customers are now realising the benefits of the O-Ring chain design in industrial applications as they become more competitively priced against the benefits they provide.
Features and benefits of the industrial o-ring chain include:
- The O-Ring chain in both motorcycle and industrial drive applications extend the service life of the chain by protecting the parts of the chain that need it most
- The O-Ring, located at the top and bottom of the roller act as a seal for the roller chain which keeps important elements in and other damaging external elements out
- The O-ring chain features a narrow style roller chain which reduced friction and heat when meshing with the drive sprockets
- By placing a flexible seal at the top and bottom of the roller which moved and flexed with the chain under load they were able to keep the all important lubrication in and damaging foreign abrasives out
- The o-ring chain offers preventative maintenance properties and protected the parts that needed the protection most
- While an O-ring chain still requires maintenance, its original construction ensures it created a barrier between the outside elements and the heart of the roller chain