MAPLESOFT has launched Structural Mechanics for Maple, the latest product in the MapleConnect Series.
Structural Mechanics for Maple is a collection of procedures that gives engineers and scientists familiar with the theory of Structural Mechanics and the Finite Element Method a new approach to the calculation of statics and dynamics of spatial beam structures including discrete masses and inertias in points, springs and dampers.
The package can be used for solving modern and classical problems and creating graphical representations of solutions.
Structural Mechanics is applied working in structural design, strength of materials, mechanics, product design or modelling of machinery.
With Structural Mechanics, users can generate graphical representations and animations of structural deformations and calculate statics and dynamics of spatial beam structures including discrete masses and inertias in points, springs and dampers.
Users can visualise the mechanics of structural components and confirm design parameters with animations and graphs.
Structural Mechanics for Maple is of value to researchers and engineers who work with mechanical and structural systems; engineers, educators and students using, teaching and learning strength of materials and elasticity; development engineers and programmers of CAE systems; mechanical and civil engineers doing modelling or system development; and scientists, researchers, mathematicians, physicists, engineers and educators in a wide range of fields including mechanics and product design.
* Symbolic display of spatial beam structures including discrete masses and inertias in points, springs and dampers
* View typical cross section shapes and calculate their typical parameters
* Calculate static deformations, stress resultants and support reactions of structures
* Dynamic calculation of structures with respect to natural modes and forced vibrations
* Visualise dynamic deformations, animate natural modes
* Calculation and visualisation of dynamic forced structures even with consideration of discrete damping units
* Define discrete nodal masses, springs and dampers to facilitate the calculation of structures with tuned mass dampers.
Ceanet Pty Ltd distributes Maplesoft products in Australia.