The smallest in the Carl Zeiss range of coordinate measuring machines, the new O-INSPECT 322 coordinate measuring machines combine contact Zeiss scanning and optical measuring capabilities. Both O-INSPECT 322 and the original O-INSPECT 442 use the same sensors and function with the sole difference being in the measuring range.
The O-INSPECT 322 coordinate measuring machine is suitable for inspection of small parts such as mobile phone cases or dentures. Though the measuring range is somewhat smaller at 300 x 200 x 200 mm, the system is more affordable compared to other O-INSPECT machines. O-INSPECT 322 is also ideal for locations with difficult climate conditions.
Dr Dietrich Imkamp, who is in charge of Visual Systems & CT at Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, explains that the new machine further expands their range of applications. Compared to pure optical measuring systems, O-INSPECT 322 has a competitive price and comes standard with contact sensors and Zeiss scanning.
Key features of O-INSPECT 322 coordinate measuring machines:
- Built-in optical and contact sensors with easy-to-use CALYPSO 3D CAD software merging the measured data
- Allows true 3D measurements and scans with minimal probing forces
- VAST XXT probe enables precision probing with forces in the milli-newton range
- 12x telecentric zoom lens from Carl Zeiss Microscopy provided as standard
- Delivers reliable measuring results at a wide range of temperatures, allowing deployment on the shop floor