Carl Zeiss Pty Ltd is setting new standards in the compact class with the introduction of the MICURA coordinate measuring machines.
Designed to meet user demands for smaller coordinate measuring machines offering the same accuracy levels as larger models but at a lower price point, MICURA measuring machines offer a measuring range of 500 x 500 x 500 mm.
Measuring technology from the compact MICURA range is ideal for parts in industrial manufacturing such as artificial hips, gear wheels, optical lens elements and shafts with narrow tolerances that are increasingly becoming compact with a corresponding rising requirement for accuracy.
MICURA combines a number of performance features that were previously unaffordable for small operations and beginners to quality inspection.
Key features of MICURA coordinate measuring machines:
- Measuring accuracy of less than one micrometre
- VAST XT Gold probe continually scans surfaces at a speed of 200 measured points per second to ensure greater accuracy
- Optional VAST navigator scanning technology adapts the scanning speed to the measuring job
- Ceramic guideways, air bearings on four sides and a large bearing base for all moving parts
- Easy-to-use control panel and temperature sensor capture the workpiece temperature