Leading Australian owned compressed air company, Caps Australia has expanded its range of TAS compressors with the introduction of the new Ingersoll Rand 15-37 kW TAS units.
A vital resource for many industry sectors, compressed air is also used in many smaller scale manufacturing and processing applications such as propelling powders and cereals through tubes, preparing metal surfaces prior to painting, and powering air tools.
Compressors with integrated air treatment packages called Total Air Systems (TAS) are cost effective for a wide variety of industrial situations where performance is defined by maximum operating pressure, increased air flow and extended duty cycles.
Poor quality compressed air can however, lead to many problems. Oil contamination for instance, can cause premature corrosion while impurities and contaminants such as silicone and dust can build up to cause restrictions and blockages in compressor lines, which in turn impact the performance of motors and other components.
According to Dino Alessio, leading Rotary Screw Compressor engineer at CAPS Australia, the new range of Ingersoll Rand 15-37 kW TAS compressors offers advantages such as minimal installation cost, space saving design and excellent air quality.
Key features of Ingersoll Rand 15-37 kW TAS compressors:
- Fully integrated system consisting of compressor, air receiver, dryer and filters
- Small footprint and whisper-quiet operation allow placement close to the point of use, reducing installation costs
- Package pre-filters protect the internal components from contamination, extending service life
- Design simplifies servicing to reduce maintenance costs
- Intuitive user interface
- Biodegradable lubricant eliminates the need to install an expensive oil/water separator
- Complements the existing CAPS 4-11kW range
- Produces a discharge pressure of up to 14 bar
- All compressors use high-efficiency MEPS2 motors
- Compliance with all Australian Safety and Design regulations