Available now from Capital Safety , the PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection system has been designed for use within the confined space access/egress environment.
When it comes to work in confined spaces, focus is normally placed on the worker entering the space penetration, with questions being raissed as to how the surface attendant and nearby workers can be protected.
Designed to fit as an integral component of all dBI-SALA Advanced davit systems, the PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection system can now be assembled and used to provide total protection within a confined space work zone.
In the same method of modular assembly, the PenoGuard connects to each size of dBI-SALA Advanced 3-piece bases with a secure yoke attachment and locking screw.
Leveling feet are provided with the PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection system to enable stable erection on uneven surfaces, which allows for a flexible method of assembly to cover a range of conditions experienced on work sites.
When caring for a co-worker, the guardrail on the PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection system allows the attendant unencumbered freedom of movement without fear of accident posed by the penetration. Nearby workers can also assist in the work activity or work nearby knowing that the PenoGuard four-sided guardrail design is protecting them from the potential fall hazard.
The PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection systems' modular erection and disassembly method also provides ease of use within limited time while maintaining a risk free work environment for all additional workers within the area.
PenoGuard Confined Space fall protection systems are available in a range of models to suit specific applications. These include:
- can be adapted to suit a variety array of access covers used by local councils and telecommunications companies
- utilises side locking screws - a “skid” design that allows permanent attachment when performing extended works programs
- can be locked to prevent unauthorised entry during periods when workers are absent from the work site (i.e overnight).
- eliminates hazardous use of plywood or makeshift guardrails to prevent workers from falling through access holes and floor penetrations
- lockable safety device easily secured to the deck with nails or screws
- improves site safety around construction openings by solving the elements of penetration awareness and fall protection.