A new range of vertical fall arrest rail systems from Capital Safety is designed to optimise safety and maximise freedom of movement while working at height.
DBI-SALA, a Capital Safety brand dedicated to fall protection systems has launched their new Railok 90 vertical fall arrest rail system designed specifically to improve safety for workers as they ascend and descend fixed ladders.
The shuttle in the fall protection system travels smoothly along the entire length of the rail, allowing the user to move up and down the ladder. The shuttle does not snag or resist the climber’s motion.
In the event of a fall, the shuttle locks on the rail arresting the fall while minimising fall distances and load forces on the user. Additionally, the system does not restrict foot space on the ladder rungs, and offers users complete freedom of movement as they climb.
Suitable for a number of diverse applications, Railok 90 vertical fall arrest systems can be deployed across multiple industries requiring fall protection for climbing applications such as wind energy, telecommunications, oil and gas as well as construction.
Greg Peterson, Systems Manager for Capital Safety, Australia and New Zealand comments that safety while ascending and descending ladders is a key issue in many industries. While providing safety, solutions cannot restrict operators from completing their work.
Railok 90 vertical fall protection systems offer users a rigid rail system solution combining optimal worker safety with maximum worker productivity.
Key features of Railok 90 vertical fall protection systems:
- Innovative metallic shock absorber enhances safety and prolongs the life of the system
- Shuttle device employs a revolutionary integrated metallic absorber that restricts fall distances and significantly reduces the forces on the user in the event of a fall
- Made from high-strength extruded stainless steel and aluminium
- Easily installed without special tools
- Available with a wide range of brackets, providing installation options in different configurations
- Integrated solution utilising rail components machined to accept ladder rungs is available for applications requiring the use of a ladder
- Ladder rail solution provides dual benefits of fall protection while meeting the need for efficient ascent and descent
Capital Safety designs and manufactures height safety, confined space and industrial rescue equipment, operating at 12 sites worldwide.