Fall protection equipment specialist, Capital Safety has introduced a new range of fall protection breathing apparatus harnesses designed to provide fall protection for users of breathing apparatus gear.
The new DBI-SALA Delta REPEL Breathing Apparatus (BA) Full Body Harness range provides fall and breathing protection for use in a variety of industries where workers are required to carry out activities that involve simultaneous use of Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and full body harnesses, to protect against falls from height in contaminated atmospheres.
Rick Millar, Technical Manager with Capital Safety Australia & New Zealand explains that the new range consists of two models, the BA Harness and the BA Rescue/Escape Harness designed to protect users of a diverse range of SCBA equipment from falls when working at height.
He adds that the new range belonging to the Delta Repel family of full body harnesses can endure the harsh conditions of toxic and contaminated environments.
Front and rear fall arrest rated D-rings, confined space retrieval/attachment points and stainless steel hardware are some of the common features of the new harnesses.
The full body harnesses are constructed from REPEL technology webbing that provides the added benefits of high water resistance, a natural-self cleaning effect and a durable protective function, keeping them lightweight and comfortable all day long for the entire service life of the product.
DBI-SALA’s i-Safe intelligent safety system utilising RFID technology is built into the breathing apparatus harnesses to track inspections, control inventory and manage information.
Key features of the BA Harness:
- Integrates with large cylinder BA equipment
- Wide padded lower back/hip pad for added support and comfort
- Dorsal extension for unhindered connections whilst using large tanks
- Combined shoulders, back and waist protection pad with attachment straps to redistribute the weight of the cylinder to the hips
- Takes pressure off the back and shoulders whilst ensuring the air tanks and hoses are held securely in place
- Integrates with the smaller cylinders
- Rear tail strap to hold BA pigtail connection in place when connected to an external air supply
- Air line attachment straps to keep the hose in place