Camplex announces the local launch of HighRES for SolidWorks, a gold partner plug-in tool for working with digitised and laser scanned data within SolidWorks CAD software.
The HighRES tools offers the ability to connect to a portable 3D measuring device such as a CMM arm, laser tracker or laser scanner to measure and capture 2D and 3D features including complex 3D surface shapes from laser scanners.
Points and digitised elements can be captured and created on the fly allowing the user to design while they digitise. The HighRES plug-in offers real-time creation of the model as well as the ability to compare the actual part to the physical model.
Part-to-CAD user-defined co-ordinates and alignments make it possible to align the digitiser to any user-drawn coordinate system in SolidWorks. They can also be stored and recalled on demand if the system is shut down and restarted so that part repeatable digitiser accuracy error is not introduced during the digitising session.
Key features of HighRES plug-in tool:
- Fully integrated into the SolidWorks Command Manager, Toolbar, Main Menu and Property Manager
- Interactive digitising and editing of 2D and 3D digitised sketch entities (rectangles, circles, lines, arcs, curves, splines)
- Creation of reference geometry planes on the fly
- Property Manager displaying the updated digitiser’s coordinate system with digital read-out of digitiser co-ordinates along with the probe cursor tracking in single or multiple SolidWorks views
- HighRES allows for digitised points to be stored and recalled for later use
- Scan data sets can be modified and written out to Microsoft Excel for analysis, or for reporting
- Significantly enhances productivity by working directly in the native CAD environment