The advance lighting warning system is able to detect lightning danger prior to the actual strike based on measurements of the electric field.
Campbell Scientific’s LW110 lightning warning system measures the electric field at any location for an 8-11km radius, completely eliminating the guesswork involved in seeking shelter from the approaching storm and resuming work afterwards.
The LW110 lightning warning system benefits multiple segments ranging from outdoor spectator events such as ball games, golf tours and soccer matches to public swimming pools and other outdoor venues.
The system is also suitable for industrial facilities to protect personnel working in exposed locations or facilities dealing with explosives or fuels that can take protective measures when warned of lightning danger. The LW110 triggers an alarm to indicate when the danger has passed, allowing work to recommence as soon as possible.
Key features of LW110 lightning warning system:
- Incorporates Campbell Scientific’s CS110 electric field monitor to measure atmospheric electric field
- RA100 strobe and siren alarm or the RA110 remote alarm system provides visual and audible alarms
- RA100 consists of red, amber and blue strobes and a siren
- RA110 can be installed several miles from the electric field monitor
- Can be customised to fit specific project requirements
- Multiple mounting, power supply and communication options available
- Optional SG000 Strike Guard lightning sensor monitors actual lightning strikes as far as 32km away
- Meteorological sensors can be added to combine weather monitoring and lightning warning capabilities