These wind LiDARs are ideal for applications that require wind measurements at multiple heights, and for locations where the installation of a tall tower is difficult.
They have been used in a range of applications worldwide, including:
- site assessment, prospecting, and turbine micrositing
- extreme flow conditions
- power-curve assessment
- permanent wind-farm anemometry; and
- complex site analysis.
Additional features and benefits of these wind meters include:
- remote wind profiling across 10 user-defined heights from 10 m (33 ft) to 200 m (656 ft)
- accurate measurements at the heights that count
- proven extreme operation from -40° to +50°C across 450 LiDAR deployments globally
- IP67-rated enclosure sealed against moisture and ingress; and
- measures 50 data points every second across a full 360-degree scan providing the high sample rate advantageous in complex and fast changing air flows.