Caelera offers a new family of integrated configurable components introduced by RF Micro Devices, Inc. for multiple markets.
RFMD is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies.
The highly integrated configurable components, comprising of the RFFC207x and RFFC507x product families perform multiple common RF functions in a reduced footprint.
At the same time, the components deliver the flexibility necessary to develop radio systems that operate over a wide dynamic range and across a broad range of frequencies and channel bandwidths.
The RFFC207x and RFFC507x product families integrate RFMD's world-class fractional-N PLL/VCO combination with RF mixers to provide radio designers an elegant radio partitioning option with very high performance, superior integration and no compromise in flexibility.
The RFFC207x and RFFC507x represent the second generation of RFMD's innovative RF205x family of integrated configurable components, which enables radio designers across industries to shrink circuit board area, reduce risk and shorten product development time, lowering the total cost of radio implementation.
General purpose in nature, RFMD's newest family of integrated configurable components finds application in fixed and mobile infrastructure, radio repeaters, super-heterodyne radios, diversity receivers, frequency band shifters, CATV, software-defined radios, point-to-point radios, sitcom, VHF/UHF radios as well as military and industrial requirements.
Key features of the RFFC207x and RFFC507x integrated components
- Expands upon the capabilities of the RF205x family by enhancing performance and extending frequency range to serve even more industries and applications
- Wide bandwidth enables use in multiple systems and applications
- RFFC207x series has a local oscillator (LO) range from 85MHz to 2700MHz with a 30MHz to 2700MHz mixer on-chip
- RFFC507x series has an LO range of 85MHz to 4500MHz with mixer range extending up to 6000MHz
- Industry-leading integrated phase noise of 0.18deg rms at 1GHz improves system performance for radio designers
- Integrated fractional-N synthesiser features an advanced sigma-delta modulator to achieve ultra-fine step sizes and lower spurious products
- Integrated mixers enable a smaller implementation (5mm x 5mm) than competing solutions
- Eliminates the need for designers to work with the highly sensitive interface from VCO to mixer by integrating the entire LO path on-chip, saving valuable design time and improving end product manufacturing yields
- Low power consumption:
- Components' bandwidth and phase noise specifications are achieved using only 125mA from a 3-volt supply
- Current can be reduced to 100mA by reducing the programmable mixer linearity setting
- 4500MHz components use only 10mA more than the 2700MHz components
- All components can be programmed through a simple 3-wire serial interface
- Unique programming mode that allows up to four devices to be controlled from a common serial bus
- Lowers cost of implementation and risk of interference between RF and digital lines on the target PCB by eliminating the need for separate chip-select control lines between devices and host controller
- Two frequencies can be loaded into the device during initialisation, allowing convenient switching between frequencies
- Lock detect and general purpose pins are available, enabling control though the serial bus