Finisar, providers of fibre optic solutions for high-speed networks, have introduced the new 52TR series 40G transponders for client-side applications. These transponders are available from Caelera . Available in an ultra-compact (4.5 x 3.5 x 0.53 inch) 300-pin MSA compliant module, the new 52TR series 40G transponder provides low power dissipations.
The 40G transponder is designed to provide a suitable option for carriers, who are continually upgrading the switching and routing equipment to meet the growing Internet traffic demands.
The 52TR series 40G transponders feature:
- Support for OC-768, STM-256, G.709 and OTU3 optical networking standards
- OIF SFI-5 compliant electrical interface
- Built-In Mux/Demux functionality
- Non-Return to Zero (NRZ) transmission from 39.8 Gb/s up to 44.5 Gb/s
- Pin-for-pin compatibility with 40G 300-pin MSA standard modules