CMX7164 multi-mode wireless data modems from Caelera provide 4/16/64-QAM and root raised cosine 2/4FSK baseband modem functions in a single chip, replacing the current need for user programmed DSP plus codec ICs.
This development includes several features that lower total BOM cost and chip count, such as:
- digital IF filters
- auxiliary codecs
- a clock generator; and
- I/O functions.
Applications for the new devices include:
- M2M systems over dedicated channels
- digital Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- high-speed wireless data; and
- SCADA systems.
Built on CML's proprietary FirmASIC component technology, CMX7164 wireless data modems also feature:
- 2/4FSK up to 20kbps in 25kHz
- QAM up to 96kbps in 25kHz
- 3.3V supply
- selectable power saving modes; and
- selectable modulation, symbol rate and FEC.