Excessive noise and vibration emanating from a heavy duty machine would indicate that the pivot pins have worn the lug holes into an oval shape. This problem is usually resolved by either line boring the holes or through a complete replacement of the lugs.
However, either solution would result in high repair and downtime costs and possibly the hire of a replacement machine. This process will also need to be repeated in future when the pivot pins have worn loose again.
Expander bolts from CPS Wear Parts help solve the problem without having to rebore the holes.
Key advantages include:
- No need to repair the lugs before fitting the expander bolt (illustration A)
- Pressure plates press the expansion sleeves onto the tapered ends of the axle (B)
- Parallel expansion of the sleeves eliminates play in the joint (C)
- Double sided locking gives increased stability (D)
- Expander bolt can be easily removed if required (E)
The expander bolts are also used as an original part by YME, Case Poclain, Timberjack, Valment, Liebherr and Massey Ferguson among others.