Current machine tool technology, dictates ever more demanding requirements for higher metal removal rates with higher spindle speeds in combination with a more compact design and high price to performance ratio.
Siemens provides a full range of spindle motors used in all types of machine tool applications through one of its companies, WEISS Spindle Technologies. Weiss spindle motors are applicable for milling, turning, grinding, boring and drilling technology.
Motorised spindles, available from CNC Design represents a real alternative to belt-driven solution on milling/machining centre through their optimised performance data, compact size and quick installation. All the important components of a motorised spindle are available. These include:
- Enclosed spindle housing with mounting flange
- Integrated 1Vpp encoders for spindle positioning and indexing.
- Different types of tool inter-faces (SK40, CAT40, BT40 or HSK A63)
- Pneumatic or hydraulic tool clamping and releasing mechanism
- Rugged motorised spindle bearings in maintenance-free greased design to absorb the machining forces
- Water-cooled drive motors in synchronous or asynchronous design