Thanks to the VOLVO exclusive “Self-Levelling” linkage single cylinder, these backhoe loaders offer impressive digging force and excellent visibility.
The backhoe booms are curved for easy loading while the backhoe cylinders have been cushioned to eliminate jolting. A low emission, turbocharged 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled Volvo diesel engine increases the torque rise in the backhoe loaders by about 40%.
Other features of the BL61, BL61 PLUS Volvo Backhoe Loaders include:
- Rigid hydraulic lines are cleanly routed inside the boom.
- Hydraulic circuit is open centre, load sensing, for optimum power using.
- Control valve is “Flow Sharing” for simultaneously performing functions.
- Excellent serviceability at the ground level via a fully rear-tilting bonnet.
- Service points are grouped together and easily accessible.
- Electrical system : Weatherproof connections and Standard 12-Volt, 690 CCA battery with dual battery option. Standard 95 amp alternator.
- Drivetrain: Foot operated differential lock allows 100% full lock on rear axle. Final reduction in wheel hubs by a three pinion outboard planetary.
- Hydrostatic steering with protected double acting single cylinder behind the front axle with remote grease fitting for axle pivot pin.
- Multi-plate, oil-immersed, servo power-assisted, self-adjusting inboard disc brakes with four wheel drive automatically engaged in third and fourth gear. (4WD only).
- Independent, interlocking, twin serrated brake pedals. Parking brake engaged by a mechanical lever.
- Completely sealed W300 diameter torque converter mounted to engine flywheel with a flexplate. Power-shuttle gear box with four forward and four reverse fully synchronized gears. Electro-hydraulic forward/reverse switch on steering column.
- 4WD cab machine with general-purpose loader bucket, 610 mm heavy-duty backhoe bucket, standard 105 kg cast iron front bumper, 75 kg operator, full fuel tank and extendible dipper.