CIPS is the world's largest procurement and supply professional organisation that supports corporate organisations and SMEs in all sectors and location.
CIPS currently have offices in South Africa, Australia, the Middle East, UK, China and India with the United Nations.
The Institute aims to:
- promote and develop standards, skills and abilities
- offer best practice tools and techniques
- provide leading edge thinking
- be recognised throughout the world as the voice of the procurement and supply management profession
- promote, represent and explain the business discipline and good practice
- research, develop and endorse improved methods
- assist all organisations in developing their capability in purchasing and supply management with the right strategies, processes, people and leadership
- support individuals in developing, demonstrating and qualifying in the profession in the industry