CI Agent Solutions now offers barrier booms that are designed to allow for unimpeded water flow during normal rainfall events, but will become an impervious barrier in the event of an oil release.
These barrier booms are manufactured from a non-woven geo-textile material that is filled with CI Agent granules, a proprietary blend of USDA food-grade polymers, and backed with Agent-X, a non-woven geo-textile material with CI Agent embedded within the fabric.
Benefits of using barrier booms supplied by CI Agent Solutions include:
- ease of installation - typically completed in one day
- no special tools required
- equipment remains fully energised
- no monitoring or maintenance required
- eliminates the need for concrete walls, sump pump systems, and oil-water separators
- reduces containment cost by 50% to 80% (on average); and
- can be disposed of in most landfills, eliminating the fees associated with hazardous waste disposal.