Providing a better and less expensive way of producing metal parts, CGC Kymon’s open die forging helps increase part strength while providing savings in cost, time, machining labour, and material.
The open die forging method meets requirements for high quality, critical performance specifications, restricted mechanical properties or special sizes. CGC Kymon is preferred when high integrity open die steel forgings are specified.
CGC Kymon’s expert forge masters and sales team can work with the client to maximise the performance of their critical parts while helping them realise production cost efficiencies. Production efficiencies may include replacing multi-component weldments with single- or reduced-component forgings, modifying a specification to improve process efficiencies and forging to near net shape to attain optimum mechanical properties, while realising weight and machine time savings.
Key benefits of CGC Kymon’s open die forging:
- Stronger parts than those produced by any other metalworking process, due to open die forging's continuous directional grain flow
- Near net shape parts with less material waste and cost
- Efficient production methods and component reduction, resulting in reduced turnaround times
- Wide variety of sizes and shapes in an almost unlimited range of grades
- Maximises part performance
- Realises greater production cost efficiencies