CGB Precision Products supply Airpot adaptable piston and cylinder sets that are unaffected by extreme temperature variations, run clean, and do not contaminate surrounding components.
Constructed using a graphite piston and borosilicate glass cylinder combination, each piston is selectively matched to fit the cylinder with extremely close clearances. With ultra-low friction, these piston and cylinder sets respond to forces as low as just a few grams and pressures of less than 0.2 psi.
There are no seals required with Airpot piston and cylinder sets, nor are there any liquids that could possibly leak. The materials used in the construction of Airpot adaptable piston and cylinder sets are self-lubricating and capable of exceedingly high cycle rates. They also do not heat up or materially change under conditions of rapid and/or continuous cycling.
Jerky and uncontrolled starts are prevented with almost identical starting and running friction, which also provides uniform smoothness throughout the full stroke of the device.
Other key features of Airpot piston and cyliner sets include:
- exhibit very low mass
- cycle life in the billions
- no deterioration or change in performance due to age or non-use
- respond to exceedingly low forces and pressures
- are capable of ultra-high speeds
- have the ability to move linearly and rotationally simultaneously
- use a transport cylinder.
- linear bearings
- vacuum pickups
- inertia sensors
- portable piston pumps
- spool valves
- flow indicators
- pressure sensors
- pneumatic calibration devices
- Stirling Engine power pistons.